Connection refused during backup restoring process

Martin_Nitschke June 26, 2018

Good day,

I am trying to set up a Confluence server for testing purposes which should be a copy of a productive used server. In order to do that I made a backup of our productive Confluence via the administration console. This backup file has almost 3 GB. 

If I am now trying to restore the backup on the testing server during the setup process of Confluence, the connection to the server seems to break up after five to ten minutes and my web browser shows that the website is not reachable anymore. When I go back I am back in the setup process and the server response normally when I change any setting for instance.

Further information:
Windows Server 2012 R2 with 6 GB of RAM
SQL Server 2014 with confirmed Confluence Database

The last log message is:

WARNUNG [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Standalone]]] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadCompleted Thread "http-nio-80-exec-5" (id=46) was previously reported to be stuck but has completed. It was active for approximately 139,953 milliseconds.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2018

Hi Martin,

While we do have the XML site backup/restore procedure: Restoring a Site, another method of setting up a test environment is to copy the home directory and database over to the test server manually and then take steps to make sure you don't accidentally use the Production mail server or other resources: Restoring a Test Instance from Production

The article linked above (Restoring a Site) has some troubleshooting tips at the bottom to help prevent issues with timeouts and out of memory errors when restoring a site.

Thanks,

Ann

Martin_Nitschke June 27, 2018

Thank you very much, it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events