Connection Refused during installation

Jason Pawloski August 6, 2018

Hi - I am trying to install confluence on a VPS. I must admit I am a bit out of my element. I was working through the installation guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/installing-confluence-on-linux-936511777.html

Between step 4 and step 5, I suddenly get a server error that the connection has been refused. I had just entered my license, and it was plugging away working for a while. I turned my attention elsewhere and when I came back it showed the connection refused error.

Going back to myconfluencesite:8090 repeats the connection refused error.

Googling and going through the trouble shooting manual didn't yield anything helpful.

This is on CentOS 

1 answer

0 votes

More information:

Starting / restarting confluence doesn't help. It loads for a while and then ultimately fails at this url:

http://<myurl>/setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action

Looking at the logs, there is only INFO and WARNING and nothing jumps out as problematic, I don't think?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2018

Hi @Jason Pawloski

since you're installing on a VPS, have you checked your security scheme to make sure that port 8090 is authorized to be reached from the internet ? 

On most providers, only port 80 will be allowed by default, you need to specify what ports can be opened to the outside world.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert, thanks for the reply.

The 8090 port is no problem; I was initially accessing port 8090 just fine up until I got past the licensing stage.

I believe my problem is RAM. I believe it is failing because I do not have enough RAM installed. I took another look at the documentation and the minimum RAM is 6 GB (!!) which my VPS is no where near that.

For now I am fairly confident this is the problem. I am working with my provider for a cost-effective solution. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events