Connect Confluence to Jira

Riso Black November 8, 2018

Hi,

we've been having a problem connecting Confluence to Jira. Jira with Confluence works without problems.
There is always the message : java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

I can't figure out why. Jira and Confluence are separate Debian servers located in the same subnet. Both use a reverse proxy and share a public address.

Both can ping each other. wget, traceroute, nslookup show no differences.

Does anyone have another idea?

1.jpg

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Fadoua Boualem,

this the log output

2018-11-08 15:56:06,172 WARN [AtlassianEvent::CustomizableThreadFactory-1] [applinks.internal.capabilities.DefaultRemoteCapabilitiesService] getApplinkSafe Exception trying to get Applink for manifest with ID 68d3f320-5239-37e5-8e53-f88$
-- url: /rest/applinks/3.0/applicationlinkForm/manifest.json | traceId: bf9210659880145f | userName: sysadmin | referer: https://xxxxxxxxxxx/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks

This is the Browser output when i try to follow the link

{"link":{"id":"68d3f320-5239-37e5-8e53-f883cfea7d1d","name":"Jira","displayUrl":"https://xxxxxxxxxxx","rpcUrl":"https://xxxxxxxxxx","type":"jira"},"working":false,"localAuthentication":{"incoming":{"enabled":true,"twoLoEnabled":true,"twoLoImpersonationEnabled":true},"outgoing":{"enabled":true,"twoLoEnabled":true,"twoLoImpersonationEnabled":true}},"remoteAuthentication":{"incoming":{"enabled":true,"twoLoEnabled":true,"twoLoImpersonationEnabled":true},"outgoing":{"enabled":true,"twoLoEnabled":true,"twoLoImpersonationEnabled":true}},"error":{"category":"UNKNOWN","details":"java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out","type":"UNKNOWN"}}

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

@Riso Black

I will need to see more what's on the logs. I understand that you have sensitive information there. Please click here and open a ticket with Atlassian and don't forget to include the support.zip file from your instance.

Best,

I have opened a ticket an uploaded the support logs

CSP-239660

Thank you Fadoua

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

We had a problem with a SSO Plugin we used in Confluence - maybe a directory to look at.... Plugins, security settings....

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

God morning @Riso Black

What error do you see on the logs?

Best,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events