Confuence Search results not displaying Office Icons

stephen torra July 28, 2014

- After upgrading to Confluence 4.3.7, when performing any search, Office icons do not display to the left of each search result. .PDFs do display but not Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Atlassian said this is a bug (fixed in 5.1.4) and that we should add custom markup.

Has anyoine implemented this or any solution?

Thanks

-Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stephen torra August 13, 2014

Thank you

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hi Steve,

I haven't implemented any fix for this in confluence 4.3.7 however if there is a fix version for this bug in 5.1.4, then I would said to upgrade to this version and check if the issue persists.

Also, maybe would be a good idea to go for confluence 5.5.x and get the latest bug fixes as well?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Thanks Rodrigo, but we can't upgrade to 5 because of Themebuilder issues. The puzzling issue is why the Adobe icon displays but not the Office icons?

Thanks Rodrigo, but we can't upgrade to 5 because of Themebuilder issues. The puzzling issue is why the Adobe icon displays but not the Office icons?

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2014

Hi Steve,

I understand that you cannot upgrade for the moment. The bug might be related to just office icons.

Since this bug is fixed in a newer version of confluence, that seems to be the only alternative since a workaround in the code won't be created for 4.3.7 probably as this version will EOL soon in the end of this year.

You may want to check with the themebuilder for a newer version compatible with the confluence 5.x and then upgrade confluence to the fix version in the future.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events