Confuence Search results not displaying Office Icons

- After upgrading to Confluence 4.3.7, when performing any search, Office icons do not display to the left of each search result. .PDFs do display but not Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Atlassian said this is a bug (fixed in 5.1.4) and that we should add custom markup.

Has anyoine implemented this or any solution?

Thanks

-Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Steve,

I haven't implemented any fix for this in confluence 4.3.7 however if there is a fix version for this bug in 5.1.4, then I would said to upgrade to this version and check if the issue persists.

Also, maybe would be a good idea to go for confluence 5.5.x and get the latest bug fixes as well?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Thanks Rodrigo, but we can't upgrade to 5 because of Themebuilder issues. The puzzling issue is why the Adobe icon displays but not the Office icons?

Thanks Rodrigo, but we can't upgrade to 5 because of Themebuilder issues. The puzzling issue is why the Adobe icon displays but not the Office icons?

Hi Steve,

I understand that you cannot upgrade for the moment. The bug might be related to just office icons.

Since this bug is fixed in a newer version of confluence, that seems to be the only alternative since a workaround in the code won't be created for 4.3.7 probably as this version will EOL soon in the end of this year.

You may want to check with the themebuilder for a newer version compatible with the confluence 5.x and then upgrade confluence to the fix version in the future.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

116 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you