Conflunce Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3

Din Hereqi October 30, 2012

Hi All

I did today a upgrade from our current verison conflunce 4.2 to 4.3 now conflunce is not working anymore i got this Error

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in  class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence. at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.ja

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence. at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)

caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence.
at com.atlassian.confluence.license.DefaultLicenseService.assertConfluenceLicense(DefaultLicenseService.java:115)

1 answer

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi There,

Per the stack-trace it seems something related with license, but in order to better help you I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at our Support.atlassian.com, since we would need to analyze some more information about your instance, steps performed and the entirety of your Confluence logs. If this is a production instance I would suggest you to rollback the upgrade attempt to avoid the downtime and so you can create a test environment (as described here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers) to test your upgrade before apply in the production environment to be sure that everything will be fine.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Din Hereqi October 30, 2012

Hi Carlos thanks a Lot for you anser i will create Ticket. Now i have some questions about the Rollback before the upgrade did start it created a backup....zip can i use that one to rollback? and how can i do the Rollback do you know where i can find more information about that?

kind Regards Din

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events