Conflunce Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3

Hi All

I did today a upgrade from our current verison conflunce 4.2 to 4.3 now conflunce is not working anymore i got this Error

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in  class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence. at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.ja

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence. at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)

caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.license.exception.MissingConfluenceLicenseValidationException: The given license is missing Confluence.
at com.atlassian.confluence.license.DefaultLicenseService.assertConfluenceLicense(DefaultLicenseService.java:115)

1 answer

Hi There,

Per the stack-trace it seems something related with license, but in order to better help you I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at our Support.atlassian.com, since we would need to analyze some more information about your instance, steps performed and the entirety of your Confluence logs. If this is a production instance I would suggest you to rollback the upgrade attempt to avoid the downtime and so you can create a test environment (as described here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers) to test your upgrade before apply in the production environment to be sure that everything will be fine.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Hi Carlos thanks a Lot for you anser i will create Ticket. Now i have some questions about the Rollback before the upgrade did start it created a backup....zip can i use that one to rollback? and how can i do the Rollback do you know where i can find more information about that?

kind Regards Din

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

159 views 5 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you