Confluence upgrade fail

rparkernz July 11, 2013

I am upgrade from 2-10-2 to 3.2 and have the below error 2013-07-12 11:31:05,502 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager] doUpgrade Upgrade failed: Unable to complete the FollowFavourite upgrade task.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to complete the FollowFavourite upgrade task

Any suggestions as to the cause? It's not very clear in the logs what is causing it

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

We will need to see the full logs to better understand what could have caused the failed upgrade and gather more info on the steps taken to execute it. I'd suggest to create a support ticket to us at https://support.atlassian.com and the engineer will assist you further on this.

Sandro Herrmann [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Is there a solution for this problem?

1 vote
Deleted user October 15, 2013

We find a solution for this Problem. We got a NullPointer Exception in Class FollowFavouriteUpgradeTask because of Null Values in the database.

There are two SQL Statements in this class. Our NullPointer comes from the second one where you get creator and owner of favorited space objects.

In our case the creator of some favorited content was null. You can check this with the following select:

SELECT c.CONTENTID, c.CREATOR 
FROM SPACES s, CONTENT c, CONTENT_LABEL cl, LABEL l 
WHERE c.CREATOR IS NULL AND s.SPACETYPE = 'personal' 
AND c.CONTENTID = s.SPACEDESCID 
AND cl.CONTENTID = c.CONTENTID AND cl.LABELID = l.LABELID 
AND (l.NAME = 'favourite' OR l.NAME='favorite') AND l.NAMESPACE = 'my';

if you get Values for this select then our in the same trouble as we were.

A solution might be to fill these null values with dummy values like in this update script:

UPDATE CONTENT SET CREATOR = 'migrationuser' WHERE CONTENTID IN(
SELECT c.CONTENTID 
FROM SPACES s, CONTENT c, CONTENT_LABEL cl, LABEL l     
WHERE c.CREATOR IS NULL AND s.SPACETYPE = 'personal' 
AND c.CONTENTID = s.SPACEDESCID AND cl.CONTENTID = c.CONTENTID
AND cl.LABELID = l.LABELID AND (l.NAME = 'favourite' OR l.NAME='favorite')
AND l.NAMESPACE = 'my');

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events