Confluence trial installation stuck on Configure cluster node

Van Couver June 29, 2017

I am trying to install a local confluence trial version and cant get past the Configure Cluster node screen on my Windows 10 machine. Clicking the Create New Cluster button does nothing for any of the otions -- except for wlan1, which then asks to connect to an existing database. 

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Please let me know if you used a Data Center license. That is the only way I can think that the options you are describing would come up during the setup wizard.

Please review this guide and let me know what step you were on when the Configure Cluster node screen came up. Installing Confluence on Windows

If you are in a situation where you need to use the Data Center license after you move to Production, go ahead and use a single server evaluation license to get the single node running or else follow: Starting a Confluence cluster on a single machine

This guide also may come in handy: Installing Confluence Data Center

Van Couver June 29, 2017

Hi Ann, Thanks for the quick reply. You are right, somehow I managed to generate the datacenter license. Generated a server license and it works. Thanks again. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Oh good! I hope you enjoy the trial - you know where to find us if you run into any more obstacles.

Noumenon72 July 26, 2019

I have the same problem and do not believe I generated a data center license. I was doing the free 30 days Windows install and checked the box for "Confluence Questions" under "Get Apps".

Noumenon72 July 26, 2019

Never mind, the back arrow shows me I did generate a data center license. I feel like the position of these things swapped spots on the page at some point! Server was always on the left.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events