Confluence standard but cannot set page permissions

Wim Van Houts December 7, 2021

We've upgraded our Confluence from the free subscription to the standard subscription. However when I go to space permissions, it still keeps saying I'm on a free subscription and cannot set the page permissions. There is a "try now" but even though I pressed that then times already to go to standard subscription, it keeps saying I have a free subscription and cannot set page permissions. Is this a common issue or how can I solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wim Van Houts December 7, 2021

The first attempt was just going to the space permissions menu item for the space, where you get a warning saying you can't set page permissions with a free subscription, and propose to use the standard as a trial. I've clicked "try now"... which is a sort of dialog that is shown for minutes then, and sometimes ends and states it's done, sometimes it never ends. I've tried it a couple of times. I also did it via the subscription page. Eventually on the subscriptions/products/billing pages it was listed as standard subscription... only the space itself kept saying it was not :(

Now, we are one night later (approx 12 hours) and when I go to the space permissions, it seems to be updated and working. So there seems to be a big delay between upgrading, and the space being aware of the change. So the "Try it now" button should maybe give a warning like "It can take several hours before the changes are applied to existing spaces". Or, if the idea is that it should work immediatly, there is a bug or something is not synced as fast as it should be :-)

If you need more infos, let me know. For the time being I can continue... I was just expecting that the upgrade would be instant, maybe that was a wrong assumption

Kind regards, 

Wim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

>So there seems to be a big delay between upgrading

Ah, ok, yes, that is familiar.

Yes, it can take a while for a system to be told it is on a different subscription.  Would be lovely if the sync with the licence systems was instant, but it's not at the moment.

Last time I was involved in an upgrade from Standard to Premium, I had to tell the client that the new features might not be available until the following day after they signed up.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

I'm not sure it's common or frequent, but yes, I've seen the message a few times.

Could you confirm exactly how you upgraded to standard?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events