Confluence space specific announcement banners?

Matthew E. Merkelson July 8, 2014

I see how to make a Confluence wide announcement in the Custom HTML section. And I've seen older notices from 2009 discussing space specific announcement banners. But I can't find any specific descriptions of how to do it and I'm not sure if it is still an available option. Is it, and if so, how?

2 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

Go to the space stylesheet...

Default theme
Space tools -> Look and Feel

Documentation theme
Browse(menu) -> Space Admin -> Look and Feel -> Stylesheet

Then add this. You can play around with the styling to make it look like what you want, but it should work just fine without the need to install any plugins or anything like that.

#header::before {
	content:"stuff";
	background: #FFD;
	display:block;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-align: center;
	padding: .4em 0 .3em 0;
}

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Does this work for you?

Matthew E. Merkelson July 10, 2014

That should be fine. Thank you.

Matthew

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2014

Feel free to make the question as answered if an answer meets your needs. :) Thanks.

Florent R_ March 2, 2021

Thanks for the answer @Davin Studer . Can you tell how to limit the CSS formating to the header ? I have a custom CSS for my Confluence, and it is disturbed by the styling in the header::before...

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2014

Matthew, try this:

{anchor:top}
{note:icon=false}{center}<Some text goes here. [WLA:<Page Name to link to>] {center}
{note}

Notes

• {note:icon=false} - this can also be True
  • [WLA:<Page Name to link to>] - use this to add a link. WLA is the space key.
  • {center} - centres the text across the page.

Do this here:

1. Check the space is using the Documentation theme/layout. If it isn't you can't add a banner.
  2. If it does, click the Configure theme button. This opens a new page with three panels.
  3. In the Messages area, click in the Header or Footer field.
  4. Enter your code here. This should be Confluence's wiki markup.
  5. Press Save. The banner will now appear on all pages within that space.

Matthew E. Merkelson July 8, 2014

There is no non-Documentation specific method?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

No, you can only do this in the Doc theme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events