Confluence space exports and Confiforms Data

Glen Collins December 5, 2022

Hello. I have a question on Confiforms data and Confluence Space exports. When a space is exported with the space tools(XML format). does the space export also contain the ConfiForms data?

Or do I have to manually export each set of data and reimport when the space is reimported on the destination server. Form what I can see the data seems to be apart of the exported data but it's not showing up. Though I do have page permissions setup that needs to be adjusted on the destination server because the usernames are in a different format on the server. But even when I do that, the data is still not there.

Let me now if I just have to manually export/reimport the data by hand after the space import is done to the new server.

Thanks.

Glen

2 answers

0 votes
David February 5, 2024

How can you find the location of the confiform data in DC? 

If a space has been exported and then deleted is all the confiform data gone?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2024

Since ConfiForms version 2 the data is not part of the Confluence space

It is stored externally - see https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+FAQ#ConfiFormsFAQ-WhereConfiFormsstoresdata?

Alex

Like David likes this
David February 5, 2024

And for the other question ?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2024

If the ConfiForms Form is not put (explicitely) to delete own data on page delete then the data will not be touched on page delete

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 16.56.42.png

Alex

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2022

HI

ConfiForms data is not part of a space export

Take a look at this page in our wiki https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Migration+and+Recovery+API

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events