Confluence space admin able to add groups

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Currently only Confluence admins can add groups, but I think it would be a nice feature if space admins could add groups to a space. Is this feature in the pipeline?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2014

Space admins CAN add groups to a space.

Space administrators do NOT get the rights to maintain groups of users.  You might think it's a nice idea, but in many places, group admin should be limited to a set of users who are maintaining the wider group aspects of your organisation structures.  Your space admins may well be part of that set of users in your organisation, but in many they are not, so it needs to be a separate and distinct right.  I have argued for it as "a set of users can have group admin, without system admin", but I would never support "space admins can maintain groups".

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Space admins CAN add groups to a space: I know, I formulated it wrong, should have been 'new' groups. But "a set of users can have group admin, without system admin" is indeed a better statement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2014

Ah, good, I thought it might be a wording issue, but I'm never sure until I get to know a poster!

0 votes
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events