Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence shows blank page in Chrome

Mari G May 3, 2018

As of yesterday, when I navigate to Confluence using Chrome (Version 66.0.3359.139), I get a blank page

i.e. navigating to: xxx.atlassian.net/wiki (and any of the spaces in Confluence)

I can view JIRA as well as xxx.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I can also view xxx.atlassian.net/wiki successfully if I use Firefox (version 59.0.3 (64-bit))

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oman Costa May 3, 2018

Hi Mari,

I'm using the same Chrome version as you, and I'm able to open my instance xxx.atlassian.net/wiki

Maybe it is a cache problem? Did you try to clean your cache or access it in incognito mode? 

1 vote
Sim Brar June 24, 2019

Clearing the cache temporarily fixes the issue for us as well, however, the issue persists quite often. This especially occurs when we have users editing Draw.io diagrams in Confluence Cloud. It is not a feasible strategy to instruct users to continuously reload Chrome, launch an incognito window, or clear their cache as these are all very temporary workarounds.

1 vote
Moied Khan February 7, 2019

Yes clearing the cache helps but its not a permanent fix. could you Atlasian folks help understand or find a solution that can work.

0 votes
Mari G May 3, 2018

Clearing the cache did the trick. Thanks Oman!

Oman Costa May 3, 2018

I'm glad that I could help. Have a nice day :)

Moin September 6, 2018

Mari G,

Do you know the root cause of this behavior from confluence page ? Few of my users reported the same. I know clearing the cache helps. But we are getting this error frequently. 

Like # people like this
Sanjay Pant September 23, 2019

Any update from Atlassian on this?

Curt Jackson October 9, 2019

Same problem here - started last week. Cannot view Jira or Confluence content in Google Chrome (Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

I uninstalled all extensions (including a cache clearer, which used to solve the problem), which worked for maybe 30 minutes. Then the same problem occurred. So I signed out of Chrome and just use the 'no user' profile. Again, stopped working (blank screen apart from the confluence symbol) after a short while. Reinstalled Chrome and thought I'd "fixed" the issue but no - it's just happened again, on a clean install of chrome, using chrome default user and zero extensions.

No need to say that the software just doesn't work properly using IE, so I'll have to try firefox next.

Worst thing is that I'm the team advocate for chrome, and this makes it look like some amateur software. Hard to sell it into the team when it simply doesn't work. What gives?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events