Confluence search misses string that exists

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

If I search for bigdecimal, I get no results. If I search for java.math.bigdecimal, I get the expected results.

Is this a bug or what? I find nothing in the documentation covering this issue.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2016

Hi Robert,

Check out the information on Wildcard searches, and particularly leading wildcards in our docs. I imagine it's because it's seen as part of a single word, and it needs the leading wildcard to find it. 

0 votes
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

The regular expression

/.*bigdecimal.*/

works. Thanks. I don't know how I missed that, I was specifically looking for a leading wildcard. Maybe I was looking at an outdated doc?

0 votes
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2016

This might be expected behavior – I've seen examples where only full words are returned, so it might be an indexing thing. Interested to hear if there are other explanations. Also it may be a feature request for confluence to index searchable words by breaking on non-word characters like the dot in your example.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events