Confluence report 500 error after setup the mysql database?What can I do?

Tao Ji March 3, 2019

I'm new to confluence and after configure the mysql 5.7 server(filling those host and username and password etc.) I got a proxy time out error during confluence initializing my database.

I'm using nginx as a proxy to confluence. I believe confluence connection to mysql localhost is fine. test passed during configuration.

How can I continue my installation and get it work?

Screenshot from 2019-03-04 12-54-57.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

Hi @Tao Ji , 

Looking at the error message, it looks like you are using JRE rather than JDK to run the Confluence.

Ensure that the JAVA_HOME was pointing to a full Java SDK/JDK, not just a regular JRE.

If you are still noticing the error message, please share us the complete home directory logs.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Tao Ji March 4, 2019

In installation guide, it says both jre and jdk are ok for running confluence. please see figure 1

Selection_001.png

I installed the 1.8.0.202 JDK, It does not help much. I'm running a jira service desk server edition with current default java and mysql 5.7. everything works.

Here are some error message

Selection_004.pngSelection_005.png

Which log file do you need? please let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events