Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence plugins: which ones would you recommend?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2011

what would be a "must-have" for most Wiki instances?

Please add 1 plugin per answer, so it can be up/down-voted to gauge usefulness/popularity

20 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2011

You shouldn't miss the SQL Plugin!

6 votes
Mark McCormack June 1, 2011
5 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011
2 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2011

Content Formatting Plugin - https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/247

Lets you do more advanced HTML layout without the XSS risks you have with the {html} macro.

2 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

I am a big fan of Command Line Interface : https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/284

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

Wonderful utility, but I don't think it is a plugin, per se, even though it is listed, correct?

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011
1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013
1 vote
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2011

Ability to run command-line from Confluence - use the Script Plugin!

1 vote
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

CSUM - https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/133 or https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SUSR/Confluence+Space+User+Management+Plugin

(Using it assumes that delegation of space-level group management to space admins is appropriate. It really depends on the environment, but I'd say many consider it to be a "must-have", because otherwise in many environments their Confluence administrators can get overwhelmed with requests to manage groups.)

1 vote
Mark McCormack June 1, 2011
1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011
0 votes
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

Plugin authors and Atlassian partners need karma, badly... ;) I agree that people should use existing resources to place reviews, and in addition, I think it is great to submit "wonderful plugin" type comments on the wiki pages of the plugins. That always makes me feel better. However, reviews tend to be a place to bitch about things.

0 votes
Andrew Ardill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

This is copied from my comment on the similar question about jira plugins

--

I down voted because I feel this form of question does not add to the site. For a good reference, see http://stackoverflow.com/faq#dontask. Moreover, as Justin has shown this information is for the most part available already.

Questions like this encourage karma-trawling, and don't really answer any specific question - it's really a poll.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2011

I agree with @Justin Downing - plugins.atlassian.com is a better place for plugin reviews. Some Q & A sites specifically state that open-ended questions that can result in flamewars or that can never be definitively answered aren't allowed. I think the spirit intended here is a good one, but I'm curious whether others think we should allow open-ended discussions like this.

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

I didn't down vote your question. I think the popularity ranking by downloads FROM the community show their value to Confluence admins.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

so? does it have an option to add personal recommendations? why down vote? don't like a question - move on to the next one

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

PAC already ranks plugins by popularity for each product:

Confluence: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/popular?category=41

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

This is no longer available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events