Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence page is not sending email update alerts.

Iraguha Jean Luc December 19, 2022

Hi, my name is Jean Luc.

Please, i am a watcher on a space and the space has many pages,

but for one page i am not able to see email notifications when there is an updates.

And that particular page has a table with more than 350 content and attachment.

I want to ask if the reason is because the page has more content or data ?

Actually for all other Confluence page in that space, i am able to get email update alerts

Many thanks,

J.Luc

2 answers

0 votes
Erwan Fonteneau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2024

@Andy Gladstone  : "The table you refer to is being updated by a macro. Any content that updates as a result of a macro (for example, a Page Properties report) will not trigger an update email."

Is there any way to get an alert in case the result of a macro has changed ?

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

@Iraguha Jean Luc Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I don't know of any size restrictions on page watching notifications that should prevent you from receiving a notice when this page is updated.

It is possible that one of two things are happening:

1. The editor is publishing the page using the Publish without notifying Watchers option, which would exclude this from your update emails and daily digest.
  2. The table you refer to is being updated by a macro. Any content that updates as a result of a macro (for example, a Page Properties report) will not trigger an update email.

I hope this helps.

Iraguha Jean Luc December 19, 2022

Hi @Andy Gladstone 

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually the issue persist.

for option 1: the editor is publishing page without ticking Publish without notifying Watchers option.

for option 2: the table we update doesn't use macros, because before we were able to get notifications, only like a month ago is when this issue has occurred.

Many thanks.

J.Luc

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Sorry for the delayed reply. Have you tried to unwatch the page and then rewatch it? Also, have you checked your email spam and quarantine in case this started to trigger to those locations?

Iraguha Jean Luc December 21, 2022

Yes i did unwatch the page and watch is again but still, i can not get notification.

But i think it's because i have so many data on that particular page. actually all other pages which are in the same space, i am able to get notifications and i have checked well, all settings are the same.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2022

That may be. Does the page show up in your Confluence changes in the last 24 hours daily email or the Daily Digest? In those two communications it only lists the page names, not the page content. If this page appears in those reports you are probably right that the size of the page has caused it to fail to be emailed when changes are published.

JCoffey October 12, 2023

Hi @Andy Gladstone was it determined there is no way to get immediate email notifications for table updates within CF pages?  We are experiencing the same issue as the original poster.  Even if we @tag someone they don't get notified.  We do however get the Daily Digest once a day that just says there was an update to the page.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

John

JCoffey October 12, 2023

Interestingly, I found this other Community post somewhat related that apparently indicates we can get notified of table updates (albeit, the entire table is sent in the notification).  But it doesn't say how to enable these notifications.

Solved: email notifications of changes to table should onl... (atlassian.com)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events