• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence page content getting duplicated

Confluence Version 7.4.0

Over the last month I've had a couple pages start duplicating content on the same page. Looking at the Source editor shows that there is the following: 

<ac:layout>

<ac:layout-section>

//content

</ac:layout-section>

</ac:layout>

<ac:layout>

<ac:layout-section>

//content

</ac:layout-section>

</ac:layout>

They are exact duplicates. I've deleted the second section <ac:layout> on multiple occasions but it continues to come back. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? And what I can do to create a more permanent fix? 

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

We also noticed this behavior a couple of times. The Atlassian Support linked us to CONFSERVER-59993 and CONFSERVER-59227.

I am afraid that there is no short-term solution. Both bugs have a low priority. Also here page contents change unexpectedly: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-55928

Using Synchrony does not make you feel safe. Atlassian should invest more effort when there is a threat of data loss or uncontrolled changes to pages.
For CONFSERVER-55928 the priority was increased from low to highest. For the current LTS version there is still no solution.

Confluence Server 7.4.0

The only solution I've been able to find is to create a new page and recreate the content from the old page onto the new page. Copy/paste as LITTLE as possible. While it will happen on other pages, it seems to solve the original problem.

I'd still be interested in knowing why/how it happens so we can prevent it from happening again. 

We also face this problem on our instances with Confluence version 7.4

I also have had users start to complain about this issue on our Confluence 7.0.2 server.  I'm also interested in an answer to this.

The cause shoudn't be the content itself as it occures on different pages with completely different content.

This is also happening to us. Running version 7.3.5. We are also very interested in a work-around/solution!

I also noticed the same behavior a couple of times when updating the confluence page content.

Confluence Server 7.4.3

Google Chrome: Version 85.0.4183.121

But don't know how to repeat the behavior.

Same here.  This has been an issue for a while and doesn't appear to be getting better, and it might just be frustration, but it feels like it's increasing.  Also, the fact that the bug has a low priority is pretty disappointing.  This is the equivalent of duplicate files being created and if you don't notice it right away, changes will get split between the copies, especially if you use Find to navigate pages and don't notice the duplication at first.  Extremely frustrating and been around through several major version updates now.

We are also experiencing this issue, still today.

How ridiculous that Atlassian considers a data corruption bug "low priority".

The content duplication issue seems to be somewhat random, we are not able to identify specific user actions or cases where it is occurring.

It seems to have only started after we migrated from 6.x to 7.x. We're on 7.4.0 currently.

Edit: This issue appears to have been bumped to highest priority, thankfully: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59227

Another user badly in need of a solution.   Editing this page becomes so slow it's no longer useable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

156 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you