Confluence on Windows Server creates a huge repository of daily zip files. Can this be controlled?

Myron L. Cramer November 18, 2017

In Windows Server Confluence is automatically creating a folder of hundreds of GB with daily zip files at the path:

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\backups

Can these be configured to go to a separate drive so they don't keep filling up my boot volume? Do I need to keep all of these backups, or can I delete the older files? How can I reprogram this backup process.

I am already creating daily backups of my SQL databases in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2017

Perfect! Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find.

Much appreciated.

Is it OK to delete the older backups, assuming that each one is complete, and not incremental. I don't need a roll-back capability, just a restore to the latest version.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2017

Yes, all the zip files are complete backups, so you only need one. 

My paranoid mistrust of computers doing a perfect backup every time makes me instinctively keep the last 3 or 5 so I've got something just in case there is a glitch with the export, but yes, you should be absolutely fine with just the one.

Myron L. Cramer November 21, 2017

Thank you. This answers my question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events