Confluence notification showing as sent a different sender

Zamir Rahemtulla March 31, 2015

I'm not sure if this is a one-off but when someone commented on a page, the notification email showed as a different confluence user.

So let's say that Joe commented on a page, and all watchers were notified by email. The issue is that the notification shows as sent from Bob (Confluence).

What could have caused this? Is there somewhere in the administration where I can view these notification settings?

1 answer

0 votes
SoumyaM March 31, 2015

Kindly go to the admin console ---> user management and check the display name/short name used for the user.

I see Email, Username, Full Name. Those have all been set up with the same user details.

Still did not fix the issue. Perhaps it was a glitch?

SoumyaM March 31, 2015

could u pls do this, 1. delete all the details including user name, full name. 2. Update with same details. For Eg: if the current details are name : tom, full name: Tom cruise, delete it and enter the same details again and save. 3. log out, close the session and login. 4. Then try comment on the page and check the notification. it may not be logical, but I used to do these kind of workaround for the problems that do not give me a logical reason to occur...best of luck...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events