Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence notification are not working while in Edit mode

hajar Messouab December 3, 2020

When I work on edit mode on confluence and someone tag me I don't receive any notification. Is it a temporary bug ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2020

Hello @hajar Messouab !

It is not completely clear to me what is happening on your side. What I understood is that, if you are mentioned in a page while you are editing a page, this notification never arrives.

If this is the case, this should be looked into. However, if the situation is the second one that I could think about, is that when you are editing notifications are not present within the editor interface itself.

If this is the case, this is the expected behavior. The editor does not have a section dedicated to notifications as you can see here:

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 09.35.13.png

Notifications can only be seen outside of the editor. When we are outside the editor, this is what we see:

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 09.36.43.png

Here we have more details on notifications:

View your notifications

With all this in mind, please allow me to ask you a few questions:

1. Are you still receiving notifications under the notification icon?
  2. Is there someone else who is also affected by this behavior?
  3. When did you first notice this?
  4. Do you still receive email notifications?
  5. When you say “When I work on edit mode on confluence and someone tag me I don't receive any notification” do you mean that both you and the person who mentioned you are working on the same page?

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events