Confluence - move table rows up or down easily

It would be nice to easily move table rows up or down when editing a wiki page. We often have tables of data and need to reorder them easily. You can cut and paste a table row but it is slow and tedious. Having an easy up and down button would be great.

4 answers

In the new Confluence use ctrl+shift+X and ctrl+shit+V to cut and paste rows. By that you don't need to select the whole row: just put cursor in some cell of it. Very convenient!

That actually works, thank you.

ctrl+shift+X and ctrl+shit+V doesn't work for me on a Mac. Any ideas?

On a Mac: command-shift-X and command-shift-V

I raised an improvement request regarding this on your behalf. Kindly watch it and feel free to comment: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31046

hi, you can do this easier by installing source editor . when editing a page, and uou wish to move rows, you can click on <> and edit your table source code to move the rows by cut and pasre of certain row of table. it should be faster ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

954 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you