Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - move table rows up or down easily

Jonathan Cogley October 2, 2013

It would be nice to easily move table rows up or down when editing a wiki page. We often have tables of data and need to reorder them easily. You can cut and paste a table row but it is slow and tedious. Having an easy up and down button would be great.

6 answers

17 votes
Andrei Latyshau November 14, 2014

In the new Confluence use ctrl+shift+X and ctrl+shit+V to cut and paste rows. By that you don't need to select the whole row: just put cursor in some cell of it. Very convenient!

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2018

That actually works, thank you.

Like # people like this
Sascha Rinaldi August 9, 2018

ctrl+shift+X and ctrl+shit+V doesn't work for me on a Mac. Any ideas?

David Bishop October 16, 2018

On a Mac: command-shift-X and command-shift-V

mila.dubas June 18, 2019

It still not working on Mac... =(

Like # people like this
Ron Shinall March 19, 2020

In the new editor:
Select the row, hit Command-X to cut the row, insert new row where you need it, Command-V to paste it into the new row you added.

Kenichi Takahira March 24, 2020

Can't we just drag and drop like other table editors? 

Like # people like this
4 votes
Amanda Harvey April 23, 2018

I would encourage adding a vote here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-25847 

3 votes
victor.bouhnik June 10, 2020

found a great and easy workaround:
1. copy the table
2. paste in google sheets
3. reorder
4. copy and paste back to Confluence 

Vladislav Sozonov June 16, 2020

wow! The future is near! thanks anyway

Like # people like this
Cronje van Heerden June 28, 2021

I do the same with copy/paste to OneNote which has allowed for easy reordering of rows or columns since like forever .. 

It's encouraging to see that this feature is being worked on for Confluence Cloud at least [CONFCLOUD-25847] Drag & Drop to reorder table rows - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

While I love the collaboration opportunities that Confluence Cloud enable, I'm frequently surprised at how it managed to become so popular with so many limitations and essential features that either require a plugin or an upgrade to Premium.

2 votes
Michael Merrifield January 14, 2021

Drag and Drop would be ideal. I added my vote to CONFSERVER-25847

Meanwhile, I found it's pretty simple to do the following

• select the row (one click) or rows
  • use cut (ctrl-x)
  • add one row (one click on +)
  • click in a cell and paste (ctrl-v) which works even for multiple rows

This even works between pages (while editing both in separate tabs).

0 votes
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013
hi, you can do this easier by installing source editor . when editing a page, and uou wish to move rows, you can click on <> and edit your table source code to move the rows by cut and pasre of certain row of table. it should be faster ;)
0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013

I raised an improvement request regarding this on your behalf. Kindly watch it and feel free to comment: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31046

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events