Confluence @mention lists users in disabled user directory

Trudy Claspill April 18, 2019

Using Confluence Data Center v6.1.3 with just one node, we have recently disabled a User Directory.

When somebody uses the @mention functionality or tries to add users to Space Permissions or Page Restrictions, suggested matches from that disabled user directory are still listed.

Why, and how do we make that stop?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hello there!

Trudy, as I understand you are still able to mention users who are no longer part of Confluence. Is that correct?

If this is the case, the issue could be related to browser cache!

With this in mind, you can try this:

1. Open your browser in incognito mode
  2. Login as your Confluence users
  3. Create a new page
  4. Try to mention a removed user
  5. Check if the user comes up

If the user does not show up, we can try to clear your browser cache and then try again, with a normal browser window.

Here is our article about this situation:

Disabled Users Can Be Mentioned In Confluence

Looking forward to your reply Trudy!

Trudy Claspill April 23, 2019

Hello Diego,

Thank you for your reply.

That did not resolve the issue. I tried an Incognito Chrome window and a Firefox window where a I cleared my cache. In both cases the users in the disabled directory are still showing in the @mention suggestions.

I currently have a ticket open with Atlassian Support concerning Confluence performance issues, and they have suggested rebuilding the index from scratch. I'm hoping that will resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events