Confluence <> Excel integration

Giorgio Luna Almeida March 31, 2021

Hi team,

I would like to know how works and if exists any kind of integration between Excel and Confluence, I have a huge excel file (doesn't have macros and etc) at least is a simple excel file but with a lot of lines.

My idea is create like a integration because I'd like to perform changes in excel and save direct in Confluence (without attach files on confluence and etc), because on Confluence didn't have all functions that excel provides.

Could you guys help me to identify if this kind of integration is possible?

thx in advance.

3 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Giorgio Luna Almeida ,

There is no such integration out-of-the-box, so you'll need to browse the Atlassian Marketplace and find relevant apps there.

For example, we can suggest using the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

It supports two options:

1. Your case as working with your spreadsheet outside of Confluence but reflecting all the table changes onto your Confluence page.
    You'll be able to use the Table from CSV macro that supports outputting data from a URL or an attached file.
  2. The most preferable case where your use all the Excel functionality right in Confluence without switching to other programs.
    The app allows you to filter tables, perform various calculations, create pivots, built advanced charts, merge and reuse tables, use conditional formatting, etc.
    Here is the link for you and your team to book a live demo - we'll be glad to show you the main capabilities of the app.
Giorgio Luna Almeida April 1, 2021

ok thanks.

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

I would like to recommend an addon that allows you to insert excel files in your confluence pages. It also enables you to directly edit excel files in pages. 

Please check how to insert an excel file with this addon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OELp_2G62oI  

Here is the marketplace link. 

Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence 

Free trial for a month is available.! 

Like Oki__PolarisOffice_ likes this
0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Have you tried attaching your Excel file to a Confluence page and using the Atlassian Companion app to edit the file?
Once you save the Excel it will be saved instantly to your page again.

More info on: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/edit-an-attached-file/

not tried, but i'll check

this link help me to solve my item.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/office-excel-macro-375849173.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events