Confluence lost functionality after fresh install

petramika March 21, 2019

Hello,

I have a self hosted confluence among Jira. Once I have gone successfully throught the configuracion, connecting it with the database, I go to the main page but I find many problems:

- I dont see nothing in the main page

Untitled0.png

- I cant see a list of spaces (I have two created) or create or anythingUntitled.png

Untitled1.png

- Create from template spins until forever (I have seen some isues related, but nothing worked, not enablig apps, disabling, installing, database issues... nothing)

Untitled3.png

- Where is the left bar?

Untitled2.png

I have checked with the support and seen some answer, tried, but is weird to have at same al these issues.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thnks,

A.

2 answers

0 votes
petramika March 26, 2019

Solved: removed all folders from OS, fresh install, when trying to create space choose blank space (don't even try to create an example workspace), solve minor issues and that's all.

Thanks all for the help.

0 votes
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Hi,

are you using reverse proxy? Can you check if problem is also exist if you access it directly on java port (for Confluence is default 8090)?

Let me know

petramika March 21, 2019

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer. I thought on this but yes, still this happens.

aaaaa.png

I am thinking that his might be a java mysql connector issue. At the moment, I am using  mysql-connector-java-8.0.15.jar. I saw that confluence in ubuntu 18.04 should use the connector mysql-connector-java-5.1.*.jar but I did not found any trouble in the configuration menu.

I tried to clone the steps at Download and install the MySQL driver in case is was this, but I dont know how to point to the new 5.1 connector, is still working with 8.0.15.jar (where is the file I should change??).

Might be this?

King regards,

A.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

It looks like more as problem with reverse proxy, certificate or something like that. Can you paste your log if there are some errors into code block? And configuration of your proxy server?

petramika March 22, 2019

Ok, so my log is quite big, I leave the output from troubleshooting, and I leave you with a public temporally address where you can see last lines of the output log 

u.pngI do not have a proxy server configured, I made a certificate with Let's Encrypt and point to it following this tutorial, but without doing this is still working wrong... I did not had any problems with Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events