Confluence license

Kapil M Sharma January 31, 2018

I bought 10 Confluence Licenses and I have only utilized 8, but confluence is showing me the following info:

• Users allowed by license: 10
  • Current active users: 10

In my group member list I see 7 users only plus I have one admin account.  I need to add two more users, please help.

Thank you,

Kapil 

3 answers

0 votes

We are using server version and I can see 8 user listed in UI, but the count says 10 and if try to add more users, it interrupt other's access. 

Thanks,

Kapil 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Are you using Jira to manage your users permissions or is this a stand alone instance?

I have Jira and Confluence on the same server, but Confluence is using separate user directory. I have 25 users licence in Jira and 10 in confluence. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018
Kapil M Sharma February 1, 2018

I did not utilize DB to store user info. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

When you installed Confluence did you just use the embedded database? If so you can access it using the following documentation and then query the tables listed above. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/embedded-h2-database-145098285.html

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Are you using Confluence in the cloud? If the answer is yes you will want to check how many users you have assigned in to different applications.  You can go to Settings > User management > Manage applications to see counts and see who is assigned.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

Hi Kapil,

I would like to share: How to get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license

Confluence's license count is based on Global Permissions. Users will count towards the license in the following ways:

• If the user is a member of a group that has global permissions to use Confluence
  • If the user is individually granted global permissions to use Confluence

Within the UI, you can get a listing of groups and users that are assigned Global Permissions by navigating to Confluence Admin > Global Permissions. You can find the groups via Confluence Admin > Groups to reveal their members.

If you can't find the users in the UI, the article I shared has SQL queries to investigate further.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events