It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence general layout

Currently, the navigation bar is completely on the left side. Is it possible to switch to a Topbar Menu Navigation?

At the moment it looks like this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/files/954243460/954243425/1/1532129368493/Screen+Shot+2018-07-20+at+3.36.35+PM.png

But I'd like to have it that way:

https://www.braintime.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/cf_67_5.png

Best regards

John

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel_Eads Atlassian Team Sep 02, 2019

Hi John,

We actually have an open beta running for Cloud sites to enable top navigation. See the details on this Community post or jump straight to the Chrome extension here. Please don't hesitate to provide feedback about the navigation experience by using the feedback button directly in the navigation bar.

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi,

you mix up Cloud (vertical navigation left for Jira & Confluence) and Server (Horizontal navigation for Jira & Confluence).

There's a closed beta running on Cloud switching back to horizontal navigation for Confluence. But no decision is made & no date if / when this will be released.

So, if you want horizontal navigation, switch to server ;-)

Best

JP

Hello
Unfortunately, you can’t change the navigation in read-mode, out of the box for sure, maybe there are plugins but this is not for sure

The second screenshot shows the navigation in edit mode, you cannot change it either, and it will only be such in edit mode

I'm confused, I know variant A of confluence and Jira.

But at the moment variant B is displayed. I would like to change it to variant A.

A:jira_issue_navigator.png

B:Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 15.58.11.png

Now you upload screenshots from JIRA, not from Confluence. 

In Jira, in board screen, you see some items from the menu left. In screen view or different screen settings, you see the menu on the top

In Confluence, you see a tree of items on left (in view mode), and bread crumbs in edit mode.

Atlassian doesn't give you possibility change display mode yourself

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you