Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence for non-affiliated academic purposes?

Nicholas McCagg July 18, 2011

I'm looking to use Confluence in a web-based instructional setting in conjunction with my attendance at a university for a graduate degree. All content produced and distributed will be of an academic nature and not used for any commercial gains. My goal is to be able to produce comprehensive documentation and instruction regarding new music technologies in a classroom setting.

The only setback I face is that I can't provide any of the necessary documentation to register for a Classroom Community license, despite being both a soon-to-be certified public school music teacher and a current graduate student. While the site would be hosted on a personal server for the time being, depending on its success, it would be moved over to a community site once my academic work is complete. At that time, it may even become a non-profit organization; however, that is not logistically possible at this moment in time.

What are my licensing options for Confluence at this point?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2011

You will need one of the Atlassian bods to answer the whys and wherefore of the free licenses, or you could just email sales@atlassian.com direct and ask.

But the basic 10 user starter license is only $10 and that should be enough to get you up and running. You dont mention how many users you are expecting to access, but can have unlimited anonymous users on the starter license.

http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/licensing.jsp

Hmmm, that's a very good point. However, the purview of the project will also relate to some coding for open-source synthesizers, and JIRA integration (plus whatever else I might wind up needing) would be mildly helpful (as well as more users, although I don't know what to anticipate). I'll shoot an e-mail to the sales address and see what they have to say.

The project is really in its infancy with an ill-defined scope at the moment. My ambitions are probably larger than the realistic outcomes, but having the proper tools at my disposal brings all of my ideas that much closer to reality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events