Confluence drop down v5.4

Wayne Gasson February 10, 2014

I am trying to create a drop down menu in Confluence, on the older version we were supported by the scaffolding plug-in but now I believe we are getting errors as the plug-in doesn't work on this version.

Where do I start in creating a drop-down menu?

6 answers

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Hello @Wayne Gasson ,

You could have a look at our Handy Macros for Confluence app. Handy Status, one of its macros, can be used to create status sets with unlimited custom options. You can switch the chosen variant whenever you need it in the page view mode.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Ok, to make it short, you then will need to write a plugin.

Read this:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Writing+Confluence+Plugins

and take a look on this tutorials:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Tutorials

In detail, you need.

• a macro with your markup
  • a web resource module with a little javascript magic
  • a xwork action to handle the ajax request from your dropdown choice
  • a component for your service class

Or, if thats all static, you will only need the macro and components module.

0 votes

ok I'll take a look at the links.... and get back to you :) wish me luck!

0 votes

Hi Steve,

We are trying to build a report document with up 100+ options in some cases, so I suppose you would call it navigation structure, just not sure where to begin! I must mention we are 2 complete novices that have been thrown in the deep end to learn :)

0 votes

Hi Steve,

We are trying to build a report document with up 100+ options in some cases, so I suppose you would call it navigation structure, just not sure where to begin! I must mention we are 2 complete novices that have been thrown in the deep end to learn :)

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

What is your intention on creating such a dropdown? Contentcreation/manipulation? Some navigation structures?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events