Confluence does not open page in MS EDGE, works in Chrome

matthew.watkins September 28, 2020

When I load the confluence home page in Chrome, it loads OK. 

When I load the same in MS Edge I only get this icon, any ideas?? 

tried clearing browser cache. JIRA is OK. 
Confluence_BUG.png

2 answers

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Hello @matthew.watkins !

As I understand, Confluence works normally when Chrome is used but with Microsoft Edge, the application does not load.

First thing we can check, since you already tried to clear the cache, is the current version of your brower. According to documentation, only the latest stable version is supported:

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 15.22.23.png

Link to full documentation:

Looking at Microsoft’s own Release Notes for Edge, we can see that the Latest Version is this:

Version 85.0.564.63

Full release notes page:

You can check how to verify your Microsoft Edge version here:

If your Edge is within spec of what is supported by Confluence, we can try and check if you have any addons installed in your browser that might be affecting Confluence. Here is Microsoft’s documentation on Extensions:

Let us hear from you!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

That is the loading icon.  Looks like is is getting stuck.  This is usually due to old JavaScript.  When you cleared the cache did you clear everything?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events