Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence does not load unter microsoft edge

Endre Szekacs September 11, 2019

Hello @ all,

I have a problem with using confluence under microsoft edge. After I have entered my login credentials the browser tries to load the page but he stucks on the loading screen (Atlassian logo). Afterwards nothing happens. I tried the link/url already in an other browser (chrome). There it works a usual. In addition I cleared all data, cookies, etc. from edge but it did not help.

Kind Regards 

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Folks October 2, 2019

Found this online.

Confluence is not accessible via Microsoft Edge v17 and v16
Resolved - We can confirm that there are no issues using Microsoft Edge v18, this is the latest version we support.
Please update your Microsoft Edge browser to v18 if you have any issues with Confluence Cloud access.
Sep 20, 03:30 UTC
Investigating - We are investigating an issue where Confluence is not accessible via Microsoft Edge v17 browser.
We will provide more details within next hour.

I updated to the latest version of windows 10 and it is working again!

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello there, @Endre Szekacs !

Having a single problematic point of interaction with Confluence can be quite frustrating.

Hey, we do have some news on this front! Our documentation has been recently updated and Confluence is not listed as incompatible anymore. Let us know if you can now use Confluence with Microsoft Edge! You can now check our document page to see the updates.

Looking at the supported browsers list in our documentation, we can see that Confluence is not listed as compatible with Edge. Here is an excerpt of our documentation:

The Atlassian Cloud products that support Microsoft Edge are the Jira products (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), and Bitbucket Cloud.

You can check more about this browser compatibility list here:

As a suggestion, we could move from Edge and use another browser when accessing Confluence.  One last question, Endre. Is there someone else who faces the same issue while accessing Confluence via Microsoft Edge?

Let us hear from you. Looking forward to your reply, Endre!

Ana Folks September 26, 2019

I am having the same issue.  It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago.  It's supposed to be compatible with MS teams and Edge

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hello there, @Ana Folks! Confluence is not listed as incompatible with Microsoft anymore. It should work with Microsoft Edge.  Looking at the page for supported browsers we have this excerpt:

The Atlassian Cloud products that support Microsoft Edge are the Jira products (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), and Bitbucket Cloud.

Here is the link to our documentation page:

[Atlassian Cloud] Supported browsers

If you are indeed talking about Edge and Confluence Cloud combination, it is not supported as per documentation. However, if we are talking about a self-hosted version of Confluence, let us know!

Let us hear from you Ana!

Yunus Burhani September 30, 2019

I am having a similar issue where confluence does not work on Edge but JIRA works. It used to work couple of weeks back. Any insights on the issue or how to fix it will be appreciated.

Ana Folks October 2, 2019

see info in my msg below

Endre Szekacs October 25, 2019

Hi @ all,

i dont know if that helps but updating Windows to Version 1903 solved the issue on my side. 

Best regards

Endre

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events