Confluence database setup failing after successful connection

Jonathan Cooper August 1, 2022

- Installing on Windows Server 2019

- Confluence version 6.13.8

- Database = MySQL 5.6.44

I've installed MySQL successfully and followed the steps to install Confluence. Everything was going well until after I set up the database as part of the installation. I test the connection and it's successful, click 'Next' and then it fails. 

I'm having current issues attaching the logs but here are screenshots of the two primary errors I've noticed. 

The permissions are correctly set for the install and home folders. I'm wondering if it's something to do with connecting to the host? The 'hibernate' properties in confluence.cfg.xml haven't been generated yet but I don't know if that's normal at this stage. 

Thanks

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

@Jonathan Cooper Welcome to the Atlassian community

Can you please provide a little more detail.  Did you install Confluence and then add an external DB?  Is the DB on the same server?  Does the user account you are using have the proper permissions on the DB?

Jonathan Cooper August 1, 2022

Hi Brant, cheers for the welcome

- The DB is on the same server.

- The user account has full control and permissions on the DB. I did this (GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON <database-name>.* TO '<confluenceuser>'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<password>';)

- I installed MySQL, created a new DB and left it empty. I then installed Confluence and tried adding an external DB. 

Jonathan

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

When you install Confluence are you using the installer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events