Confluence connection with Jira Cloud confusing

team neusta September 23, 2022

Hello Atlassian Team,

our customer uses Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud.

3 Instances for Jira Software (all with different URL)

1 Instance for Confluence (also different URL)

I have connected all Instances to Confluence via Application Link.

But If I open Project Pages in my Jira Project it is not connected to my confluence page! Instead i get a message to a 30 Day trial of Confluence Cloud.

I am confused because if i need a new confluence instance for my specific jira site. Why is it possible to connect the products of different sites?

Could you please tell me what the problem is? 

Thank you for your help!!

Kind regards

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi @team neusta I don't think the project pages links work with different Jira sites and a single Confluence site, hence a trial Confluence site is created for your 2 other Jira sites.

team neusta September 23, 2022

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the fast response!

Ok I understand that. But what is my benefit of connecting those instances via application link?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Linking Jira to other Atlassian products allows you to include information from those products directly in Jira projects and issues. For example, if you link Jira to Confluence (on another site), you can include shortcuts to Confluence page links when creating or editing a Jira issue. Linking Bitbucket Server and Jira allows you to view branches, commits and pull requests that correspond to your stories in Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events