Confluence Usage Stats

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement July 20, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on pulling usage stat's from confluence. Page views per min type stuff. Has to be an internal solution, using Google Analytics is not an option due to security concerns.

5 answers

2 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2011

There is the Usage Tracking Plugin, but it can cause some performance problems on large instances and can quickly blow out the size of the lucene index, so I'd recommend trialling it before going the whole hog with it.

1 vote
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2011

What about using the Webtrends Analytics Connector?

https://www.appfusions.com/display/WTRDSC/Home

0 votes
Vijay Sv November 8, 2019

If your using MS SQL, here is how you get Confluence Usage via DB.

select 'Total Spaces', count(*) from SPACES -----Total Spaces
select 'Personal Spaces', count(*) from SPACES where [SPACETYPE] ='personal' ---Personal Spaces
select 'Site Spaces',count(*) from SPACES where [SPACETYPE] = 'global' -- Site/global Spaces
SELECT 'Content (All Versions)', count(*) FROM [CONTENT] ---- Content (All Versions)
select 'Content (Current Versions)', count(*) from CONTENT where PREVVER is null; --- Content (Current Versions)
select count(*) from [dbo].[cwd_group] ---Local Groups
select count(*) from [dbo].[cwd_user] ----Local Users
SELECT 'Blogposts',count(*) FROM [CONTENT] WHERE CONTENTTYPE = 'BLOGPOST';
select 'All Pages',count(*) from CONTENT where CONTENTTYPE ='PAGE';
SELECT 'Comments',count(*) FROM CONTENT WHERE CONTENTTYPE = 'COMMENT';
SELECT 'All Content Attachments', count(*) FROM [dbo].[CONTENT] WHERE CONTENTTYPE = 'ATTACHMENT'; --All Content Attachments

Hope this help!!

Thanks,
VJ

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

Hi Betsy

Is it possible to share your sql queries.

Thanks

Abe

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2012

This might help: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/70444/how-to-get-confluence-stats/70485

0 votes
Betsy Walker
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

The How Do I Get More Statistics from Confluence article has some good suggestions. In our case, i just run a set of SQL queries once a month that give me stats for the previous month, such as # of spaces, attachments, users, count by contenttype, top 10 largest spaces based on content, etc. I've found that some of the metrics-oriented plugins are very performance-intensive.

As we're in the process of adding Webtrends analytics to our Confluence installation, the statistics gathered there may suffice going forward.

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement July 27, 2011

BetsyW,

Love to hear how your webtrends test works out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events