I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on pulling usage stat's from confluence. Page views per min type stuff. Has to be an internal solution, using Google Analytics is not an option due to security concerns.

4 answers

2 votes
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2011

There is the Usage Tracking Plugin, but it can cause some performance problems on large instances and can quickly blow out the size of the lucene index, so I'd recommend trialling it before going the whole hog with it.

What about using the Webtrends Analytics Connector?

https://www.appfusions.com/display/WTRDSC/Home

The How Do I Get More Statistics from Confluence article has some good suggestions. In our case, i just run a set of SQL queries once a month that give me stats for the previous month, such as # of spaces, attachments, users, count by contenttype, top 10 largest spaces based on content, etc. I've found that some of the metrics-oriented plugins are very performance-intensive.

As we're in the process of adding Webtrends analytics to our Confluence installation, the statistics gathered there may suffice going forward.

BetsyW,

Love to hear how your webtrends test works out.

Hi Betsy

Is it possible to share your sql queries.

Thanks

Abe

This might help: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/70444/how-to-get-confluence-stats/70485

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,117 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you