Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: Unable to Edit Blog Post Area even though can edit Subject Area

Ian Roseman August 27, 2012

I have permissions, am an administrator, and just tried to post a blog. I am able to edit the Subject of the blog, but not the Blog Display area itself. I can even update the subject, and save the blog. I tried IE and Chrome. Does anyone know if this is a browser or Confluence configuration issue?

3 answers

2 votes
Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2012

You shouldn't be able to open the editor unless you have permissions to edit the blog, so it sound like there's another problem (probably a Javascript error).

Have you tried contacting Atlassian support, you will probably get this fixed much quicker.

Until then, you can try a view things:

• Do a full page refresh (e.g. shift-refresh) or clear your browser cache.
  • Disable third party plugins (a plugin may be causing a scripting issue affecting the editor).
  • Check the browser console for any Javascript errors which may give a clue as to the source of the problem.

I do think the best course of action is to contact support as this is not normal behaviour.

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

By blog display are you talking about the default sidebar with the calendar and recent blog posts? Or the regular page content like any other page?

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Make sure you don't have any css that could be messing up the edit box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events