Confluence - Save rating/survey to excel

Dang Nguyen August 23, 2011

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I like to create a 3-line-survey in the Footer of each new created page. Answers are single numbers. Those datas should be saved in a single Excel in a tab. I already used the plugin Dform which saved the data with those words: "All data were saved into DB - 24.08.2011 11:21:16". Extracting those datas could be hard because I guess that these are written in Oracle-SQL.

Can you tell me a simpler way to collect those datas in a single excel tab?

Really rely on your help! Thanks!!

Dang

5 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2011

It's not quite exactly what you're looking for, but the content survey plugin is close. It'll allow you to put the questionnaire in the footer, and you can customize the questions, and you can get a report of it in a report page, which you could copy and paste into Excel.

To get exactly what you want, you'd need to build your own plugin or get in touch with a partner.

Dang Nguyen August 24, 2011

Hey Jeremy. I tried that Plugin too. Unfortunately it doesn't work and react to my {kbsurvey} Macro.

I startet a new way today and now created an Userform in Excel via Microsoft VBA. I hope I can integrate or view that Userform onto each new created page. Is there a possibility to integrate that VBA-Userform on the confluence page directly? Or do everybody needs to open that common Excel to use that Userform?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2011

I don't know of a VBA form integration; I think you'll need a custom plugin for that. Most of the integration is Excel.

0 votes

1. Each page is about a technology. So it needs a 3-question-survey like "Maturity?" or "Tech. Impact?". These must be ratet by each author with single-digit-numbers (1-5).

2. This survey can be found in a footer. If not possible then hyperlinked on an external place.

3. All these data need to be saved (like in an Excel-Spreadsheet) for creating different charts.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

Well, this isn't really a function of Confluence. It focuses on keeping data in Confluence.

Let me double check to see if this is what you want:

1. Every page created (by default or page template) will have a survey at the bottom of the page (no real concept of a footer, but you can format it as such)
  2. When a user provides a response to the survey, you want an Excel document updated.
  3. There is just one Excel document for whatever number of these pages with the surveys.

Are you saying you want to create this Excel document upon your demand or upon any user input? It sounds like you are willing to run an (external to Confluence) query upon the database that Confluence is using.

Can you share with us the data that you want recorded. Is it binary yes/no or values. Are you intending it to be populated for each user or just anyone visiting the page?

0 votes

Hello and thanks for reply :) I like to get these data in a list/chart in Excel.

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

Excel tab? What does this mean?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events