Confluence Performance Degrades After Transition From Rackspace to Digital Ocean

Trevor Steen October 14, 2018

I have a self hosted Confluence Server instance that I hosted on a Rackspace 4GB server for 2.5 years without any issue. I recently migrated to comparable server with Digital Ocean and now my performance makes Confluence almost unusable.  Screenshot image uploads hang, sometimes calling macros results in an error, saving pages sometimes fails or takes 1 minute plus. 

Anyone know if there is some major different in providers that would cause such a drastic difference in performance?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

This does not sound quite right to me.  If you were running the services on roughly equivalent servers, then the problem must be with the networking.  But if it's not that, then it is probably the servers, which suggests Digital Ocean have given you vastly underpowered servers.  Problem is I can't imagine them doing that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events