Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence OnDemand: On E-Mail Notification, only send the changed part and not the whole page?

Timo Rumland April 30, 2014

Hello,

we are using Confluence OnDemand. I watch a lot of pages in our confluence, some of them rather big (with several headlines, tables etc.). Everytime a user changes the page, I get an e-mail notification, which is great to stay informed.

Now my question is: Is it possible to configure Confluence NOT to send the whole page for a notification but instead just send the part of the page that has changed, for example the changed table, the changed section or headline?

(It is hard to see the changed part, if only one word has been edited and Confluence sends the whole page in the email.)

If not, is there an JIRA issue for this, I could not find any.

Thanks a lot for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timo Rumland June 23, 2014

After some more research, I can clearly answer my own question with 'no', there is no such feature.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2014

Confluence can show you the differences between the current and previous versions of the page in different colors, if you set Show changed content option. Further discussion on the email setting can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events