Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence NTLM Soap Proxy Error

Padmashri Ragavendaran July 3, 2011

Confluence NTLM Soapproxy error page

Whenever we login to the server where our confluence is installed, we are getting the error as attached in the screenshot.

I guess the issue may be with Sharepoint Connector Plugin.

Kindly let me know your thoughts to resolve this problem.

It relates to the issue :https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-63500

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2011

Hi Padmashri,

It looks like your screenshot did not show up correctly in the question, but I have had a look at the referenced support issue and have a few options for you to try.

The Confluence NTLM Soap Proxy is a stand-alone web server process that Confluence uses in order to peform NTLM and Kerberos authentication against SharePoint.

Firstly, if you are not having any problems running the SharePoint integration in Confluence, the most likely cause of this error is that the plugin has gotten confused during an upgrade and there are now two versions of SimpleSoapProxy.exe running on the Confluence server. They both try and listen on the same TCP socket, so one of them crashes with an error.

Check your task manager on the Confluence server and look for multiple instances of "SimpleSoapProxy.exe". If there is more than one, manually kill both process and then disable and re-enable the SharePoint Connector plugin in Confluence. This should get the plugin's external process management back in sync.

If there is only one (or none) SimpleSoapProxy.exe running, check to make sure that something else isn't listening on the same port used by the proxy:

From a command prompt, run command "netstat -a" and look for entries in the list that have a local address listening on "0.0.0.0:56000". If there is something listening on this port, you will need to update the SharePoint Connector to use a different port for the proxy. You can do this by accessing the admin page (http://your-confluence-server/admin/sharepoint-admin/proxy-admin.action) and changing the "Listen Port" value.

Also, make sure you have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your Confluence server. :-)

0 votes
Padmashri Ragavendaran July 4, 2011

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

I checked for the simplesoapproxy.exe from task manager. There was only one.

'netstat -a' returns one result which is listening to 56000.

But, one thing struck me.

Actually there are 2 confluence instances running on this server.

When i checked for the admin/sharepoint-admin/proxy-admin.action from both the confluence instances, both are pointing to the port 56000.

Please suggest how to proceed next.

Just changing the port in one instance from 56000 to 5600x will solve the problem?

Thank You.

Now, I have changed the port to 56001 in one instance.

After that, I am able to see 2 simplesoapproxy.exe in task manager and netstat -a command gives 4 results which are pointing to the ports 56000 & 56001 as below..

TCP mchwiconffe01:56000 mchwiconffe01.euce.corp.bshg.com:0 LISTENING
TCP mchwiconffe01:56001 mchwiconffe01.euce.corp.bshg.com:0 LISTENING
TCP mchwiconffe01:56000 mchwiconffe01.euce.corp.bshg.com:2619 ESTABLISHD
TCP mchwiconffe01:56000 mchwiconffe01.euce.corp.bshg.com:2630 ESTABLISHD

I am little bit confused here. Please clarify.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2011

Ah, I see. If you have two Confluence instances on your server, and they both have the SharePoint plugin installed, you will need to update the listen port on at least one of the Confluence servers to something other than 56000.

Padmashri Ragavendaran July 4, 2011

Sure. I will change to someother port and test the behavior again. :-)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2011

What you can see now in netstat is fine! There are two instances of SimpleSoapProxy running on your Confluence server (one for each Confluence instance running), both listening on a separate port.

ESTABLISHED means that there is an active connection from Confluence to SimpleSoapProxy at the current point in time.

LISTENING means that the SimpleSoapProxy will currently accept new connections.

Are you having any other problems? Please accept an answer as correct if you are satisified :)

Padmashri Ragavendaran July 5, 2011

Thanks a lot, for the explanation.

Now, i dont see the problem in the server.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events