Confluence Meeting Notes and Microsoft Outlook

Brian Hankey January 11, 2018

We are currently in the process of transitioning off OneNote and SharePoint over to Confluence.  One of the things that I am currently agnonising over is the very easy way that I can take meeting notes from within Outlook into OneNote. 

I know how to create the meeting notes and agendas in Confluence but I was wondering if there was a way that we can have a similar connection between Outlook and Confluence.  

Note:  I am not looking to migrate existing content from Confluence to Outlook... just new pages going forward.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Brian

10 answers

8 votes
Simon Hamermesh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2018

I am also curious about this same question.  We have meetings in Outlook with dozens of participants.  I would like to be able to add them all to the Attendees, as well as using the body of the meeting into a field in the Meeting Notes template.

6 votes
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2020

Hi @Brian Hankey

Just came across your question and I think we have the perfect fit for you!

The Meeting Notes App "Meetical Meetings for Confluence" supports Server (Data Center in Beta) and Cloud. It's a paid App, please contact us for Freemium options. 

Main Features:

• For Outlook Calendar, use the Outlook Add-in which comes with Meetical allows you to create Meeting Minutes and Meeting Notes fast and easy, directly from Outlook Web or Outlook Desktop. 
  • Also available for Google Calendar as Confluence Chrome Extension
  • Additionally a new internal Confluence Calendar is included to create pages from events and find meetings. 
  • Find the agenda and minutes fast from your Calendar. The page and calendar event get linked to each other in order to access and 
  • Meetical also automatically groups recurring meetings under a nice overview page and helps you stay organized with consistent page naming, complete content, and professional meeting minutes. 
  • The App includes Meeting Templates and Macros for Team Meetings, 1-on-1 meetings, tactical meetings and more... and you can also create your own custom Meeting Templates.

UPDATE on NEW features:

• 🤖  Automatically create pages for recurring meetings just in time, or up to 30 days in advance. 
  • Recurring meetings show a macro with all open action items in that meeting series (helps to not forget about any open tasks)

Hope this helps. Greetings,

Lukas

Michelle Burdett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2020

Hi just tried to link the add-in - this is a paid app?

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2021

Hi Michelle just found you question, thanks for your patience, yes the App is paid (compare plans). 

Update: We've launched a basic free version of the Add-in! More details in this blog post!

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
April 8, 2021

Now also available as Firefox Extension for Confluence!

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
January 21, 2022

Short update, we've launched a free version of the Add-in! More details here https://www.meetical.io/blog/new-free-version-meetical-for-confluence 

4 votes
Chandrashekar Gaajula
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2018

I'm looking for a similar solution.

3 votes
steven.burks August 6, 2019

Agreed, and bumped.

We need this functionality yesterday.

There's a great Jira add-in for Outlook, but not for Confluence. Is this on the roadmap? If so, ETA? May I please alpha test?

Pat Ryan September 4, 2019

+1

Like # people like this
3 votes
Koen Gillard May 7, 2019

During Atlassian Summit I went to the booth of Yasoon (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/1211722/yasoon) and they have given me a preview of a solution in which you will be able to create a Confluence page from Outlook, so keep tuned!

I will post an update when I see the solution in the Marketplace or when it will be possible to join a beta program of the solution.

Tobias Viehweger September 19, 2019

Hi Koen,

thanks for stopping by our booth at Summit :) 

See my update below!

2 votes
Marie Robinson May 1, 2019

Outlook has an addin for OneNote to create meeting notes page.  this is what I would like to see for confluence.  currently I just copy the onenote page into confluence

2 votes
Koen Gillard May 28, 2018

Outlook Calendars can be integrated into Confluence using Outlook Calendars for Confluence

The button to make a Confluence page from the meeting invite may be a suggestion to the creators ;-)

Brian Hankey May 29, 2018

I saw some products like OCC but what I am really looking for is for it to be natively built into Confluence so that we don't have to purchase an additional license for something.

2 votes
Marc Moroz May 18, 2018

Agreed.  Would love a button in Outlook to make a Confluence page from the meeting invite.

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
February 16, 2021

Hi Marc, try our Meetical Outlook Add-in for Confluence :)

- Please note that it requires the paid Meetical Meetings App (link)

(Contact me for Freemium options!).  

1 vote
Tobias Viehweger September 20, 2019

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Koen for stopping by our booth @ Summit.

We now have the app in the Marketplace, right over here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220972/outlook-meetings-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Please note: This is a first version that only works with Confluence Cloud + Office 365. We plan on adding Confluence Server & DataCenter in a month or so, make sure to watch the app for updates! We are very eager to hear actual feedback, please be blunt!

Brian Hankey September 23, 2019

@Tobias Viehweger Thanks for the great news.  Our Confluence version is a Server version, therefore we will have to wait.

Please do keep us posted on the status of the server version.

Gruss Gott!

Brian  

1 vote
Anthony Hernandez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2018

I too would like to know if there is a way to accomplish this. I'm looking at ways to move away from OneNote and would love to implement this type of feature, as I rely heavily on the Outlook->OneNote integration for meeting notes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events