Confluence Log error

Jenin C M July 20, 2011

Hi

I am getting below error in my Confluence logs:

2011-07-21 06:45:08,409 ERROR [TP-Processor168] [atlassian.confluence.util.GeneralUtil] completeUrlEncode Error while trying to encode the URL!
-- url: /confluence/display/EEMEADO/SOD+Checks+-+HK | page: 91240649 | userName: anonymous | action: viewpage
java.net.MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol: xmpp
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:601)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.CompleteURLEncoder.encode(CompleteURLEncoder.java:29)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.GeneralUtil.completeUrlEncode(GeneralUtil.java:275)
at com.atlassian.confluence.links.linktypes.ShortcutLink.<init>(ShortcutLink.java:26)
at com.atlassian.confluence.links.ConfluenceLinkResolver.makeShortcutLink(ConfluenceLinkResolver.java:178)
at com.atlassian.confluence.links.ConfluenceLinkResolver.createLink(ConfluenceLinkResolver.java:123)

Can anyone throw some light on it?

Regards,

Jenin

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Try browsing to the page /confluence/display/EEMEADO/SOD+Checks+-+HK and check the contents. There could be some form of link markups that Confluence could not encode.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2011

It could be external too - it looks to me like a user has tried to connect to your Confluence site using an instant messenger client!

0 votes
Betsy Walker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

I think it's caused by what it says it is: a malformed URL. This page describes some typical causes.

If this is a new install of Confluence, check the web app context set in the ROOT.xml file in the /confCatalina/localhost folder. In our case (an EAR/WAR install), for instance, our URLs don't have /confluence at the front of it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events