Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Layout missing layout functionality

Peppe Chiesa November 23, 2018

Hi all, 

I'm using confluence cloud, and the default blank page template is a center column layout. 

I saw from the knowledge base in Confluence that there should be (it existed in the past) the capability to change the page layout (with the layout button in the toolbar), but now in the recent Confluence Cloud I can't find that button/toolbar anymore. 

Am I missing something or that functionality is not available anymore? How can I change the page layout to have a wide liquid layout for my pages? 

Thanks for any help.

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Charensac March 4, 2020

Hi @Shannon S ,@Avinoam 

Will Atlassian open an incident to give us visibility as to when the page layout options will be restored?

The old and complete version:

alltalsian.png

The new and incomplete version:

alltalsian2.png

Tks, 

Chris, 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for the follow-up on this thread.

I linked  to our roadmap earlier, which includes the incident you are asking about. If you didn't see that, you can find it here:

The feature in question is listed on the table under Layouts, and refers to this request:

The feature is under consideration for our upcoming roadmap. I recommend that you add your vote to the request so you can be added to the list of watchers and receive updates in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Leandro Correa March 30, 2020

this problem persists

I need this version .... ASAP

Confluence.JPG

Like Chris Charensac likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2020

Hi Leandro,

Thank you for following-up on this thread, and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You'll need to ask your site administrator raise a ticket with the Cloud Support team. We'll be able to check that the legacy editor is enabled on your site, and if not, get it enabled for them.

Let me know if your administrator has any trouble raising that ticket!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
cruel October 29, 2019

If your text gets cut off when you export you can "Tab" the text in to fix it. Not ideal, but it works. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2018

Hi Peppe,

I believe you may be referring to the new editor in Cloud, which we go over a bit on our article Confluence Editing Improvements.

Fixed-width layouts, with wide and full-width options for images, tables, and macros 

Fixed-width layouts let your pages look the same regardless of the size of the screen they're being viewed on, giving you control over the alignment and positioning of all your content. That means that you can create a page that looks just as good when viewed on a mobile device as on desktop. 

For images, tables, and macros that display better at larger sizes, choose a wide or full-width setting, and these will scale up or down according to screen size. 

To do this:

1. Select the image, table, or macro to bring up the in-context menu.
  2. Choose the wide or full-width options.

width buttons at the bottom of a macro

(info) Other page layouts, including multi-column layouts, are temporarily unavailable but will be back soon. 

I hope that clarifies things for you! Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Shahriyar Imanov May 6, 2019

How soon, @Shannon S ? Tired of those ugly "responsive" blank pages. Need old pages back asap.

Like Dung Le likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2019

Shahriyar,

Thank you for reaching out! I'm not sure if you've checked the updated page, but since I sent this response back in November, a lot has changed.

I would encourage you to review the page as it is now, which also includes a link to our roadmap!

Once you've reviewed that, if you have any further questions, we have an ongoing discussion regarding the new editor. Please join in there and ask about any questions you have.

Regards,

Shannon

cruel October 29, 2019

Definitely NOT an editing improvement. Bring back the single column!

Like James Rokosky likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2019

Hello @cruel,

To confirm the information I've shared above, we haven't removed the single column layout. Single column layouts are the default when using the new editor. You can choose to either do a full-width layout, or fixed-width, which keeps the content in a fixed-size center-column layout.

If you are encountering a specific issue with the new editor, I would recommend raising a newer question, or contact Support directly.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events