Confluence January 9th UI Changes - request for roll-back

Rainer Sudhölter March 6, 2017

It came as a surprise to us, but with Confluence's latest UI Changes (dated January 9th, read here https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/latest-changes-in-confluence-cloud-875410618.html), user experience dropped to a new all-time low. We hardly cannot work with Confluence any longer, your "One sidebar to rule them all" approach only adds more clutter to the UI and the sidebar you need to navigate only shows up when you click into on of the pages.

Confluence is a wiki system, you constantly need to navigate within pages, so the pages sidebar is a MUST for every interaction. Nobody needs a bloated page like this here, it offers no information nor value for my daily tasks: Screen+Shot+2017-03-07+at+1.16.50+pm.png

Moreover, you write:

"There is no opt-out for this feature, but if it is causing you significant disruptions, please let us know at support.atlassian.com and we can explore additional options to assist you."

It would have been a clever move to test this significant UI change with selected users or make it an option, instead you assumed what would be best for all of your users.

How do you plan to solve this, what are our options here?

Best,

Raine

2 answers

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Ah, Cloud IS effectively where they test UI change with selected users.  I'm afraid you signed up for this when you chose Cloud.

It's unlikely you will get a roll-back, but as the message says, report it to support.atlassian.com and add your voice to the noise about it.  (Here at Answers, we're end-users like you, not Atlassian - they do look, and respond here, but it's informal.  They do formal support over at support.atlassian.com )

2 votes
Martin Sauter March 7, 2017

We too are very frustrated about the recent UI changes. Working with Confluence has become so much slower, and there is so much screen space wasted for irrelevant things. We used Confluence for almost everything in our company – now our most important tool is crippled.

I'd be happy to explain this in detail if a member of the Atlassian UI team wants to contact me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

Please do raise this with support.atlassian.com - that's the best chance of getting a response from Atlassian.

Martin Sauter March 7, 2017

I already did. Currently I'm focusing on the performance (>10 sec page loading time instead of 3 sec). I'm currently waiting for an answer.

Martin Sauter March 20, 2017

So far the answers I got from Atlassian support were: There is no problem, we don't see performance issues, this is normal behaviour etc.

Absolutely frustrating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events