Confluence:Inserting existing variable in template gives double-dollar and doesn't pick up value

Phil Deadman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2014

Running Confluence 5.2.3 downloaded.

When I create a new template and create a variable (called firstVariable) it appears as "$firstVariable". When I try to insert that variable elsewhere in the document to pick up the original value it creates and inserts a new variable called "$$firstVarable" which is unconnected to the data in "$firstVariable". Effectively I have to double-up all my variables and use the double-dollar version everywhere.

Surely this cannot be the designed behaviour! I've tried it in different browsers, and in different Spaces but it does the same thing every time. Is this a known issue? Is there some configuration setting I am missing?

Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phil Deadman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2014

It looks like this is a bug in the "insert template items" button. If I just use the keyboard, type a dollar and select from the pop-up list then the variable is inserted just fine without the double-dollar.

I'll raise an issue with support and see what they say. At least there is a workaround so I don't have to duplicate all my variables!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events