Confluence Include Page macro search problem

Timo Trummer June 3, 2018

Hi guys

I'm running Confluence server 6.9.0.

A user has lots of blog posts in his personal space. All those blog post's titles are starting with a name "Taisto ....". When adding an Include Page macro to a page and trying to search for some certain blog post by starting to type "Taisto", the macro's page search offers only a very limited list of existing blog posts (only 7 blog posts). Can anyone please guess why it is like that and how to find other blog posts that start with "Taisto"?
I do have access to these blog posts so it can't be a permission problem. I also read the macro's documentation and unfortunately it didn't help.

Cheers
Timo

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2018

Hi Timo,

Does it help if you manually reindex Confluence? It should find more results once you do that.

If not can you let us know some examples of the page titles that aren't being returned?

Regards,

Shannon

Timo Trummer June 19, 2018

Hi Shannon

I did Confluence content reindexing but problem remains.
When I insert the include page macro and type "taisto", the search dialog box shows still 7 blog pages, that's name start with "taisto". For example blog page named "Taisto 15.02-19.02".

As an example of a blog page that is not found, there is "Taisto 14.03-18.03.2016".

Really hard to figure out the behaviour, because the blog pages's names are really similar, but a few are found, others not.

Regards
Timo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events