Confluence Import issues

Ben Riester October 11, 2018

2 issues:

I'm trying to migrate from Confluence Server to Confluence Cloud. 

1. I am trying to export one of the spaces with several pages. I select full export, but when I import it into the cloud only a few of the pages are there. It says there was an error, but no other information is given. Any ideas?

2. I tried to delete the space and reimport, but the delete timed out. Now I can't import anymore because it says the space title is already taken. Any way to clear out whatever is left over? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Hi Ben,

The Confluence Cloud team would be able to have a look at your logs in order to tell you what error is happening. They're also able to manually delete the space from the database if you're having issues doing so. You can reach out to them via our support form.

One thing to note, however, it might be an issue with the page that the import stopped on. Can you look at your page tree and see what the next page might have been and why it could have caused an issue? You can try excluding that page on your space export, and see if you're able to proceed that way.

Regards,

Shannon

Ben Riester October 11, 2018

Thank you Shannon!

I submitted a ticket (JST-424901) for the issue in question.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2018

Thank you, and glad to see you were able to get those pages imported! 

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events