Confluence IIS 10 isapi redirect return 502 error. Edited

As this licence was purchased to server customers, I had to redirect the JIRA Support Desk to sub-directory and it works mostly fine.

Unfortunately after following JIRA manual for Confluence I am getting

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

For some reason log is not populated after some testing, but was getting an error with wrong tomcat configuration (of course...)

I have followed the tutorial to the dot and it doesn't work.

I was playing around to see if perhaps I could make it work but unfortunately without any luck.

BTW shouldn't this line be also changed for confluence ??? There is no word about this in manual

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/support/isapi_redirect.dll

I have noticed big number of similar issues related to Tomcat but no clear solution...

I am using Windows Server 2016, IIS10. Everything updated, all software/dll freshly downloaded.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 10, 2017

Is this the guide you are using to set up IIS for Confluence and JIRA: Proxying Atlassian server applications with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) ?

The 502 error from IIS seems to indicate Confluence is not serving content as expected. If you bypass the proxy by using a browser on the Windows server, can you access the instance on it's localhost URL? (By default http://localhost:8090)

Please check the Confluence logs, located in:

• <confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory
  • <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
    (The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

85 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you