Confluence Content Formatting Macros add-in for Confluence Server?

colinb October 23, 2017

We have an on demand instance for our internal wiki, and use a server instance for our external product documentation. I noticed the on demand instance comes with a set of HTML macros (e.g. div, span, ...). They seem to be part of a package called "Confluence Content Formatting Macros". How do we get the same plug-in for the server instance?

I'm aware of the paid Adaptvist add-on, but this seems to be capability that is in the box (or should be).

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

The add-on did, or used to, have a free portion that could be used without paying.

It's inconsequential to add these to a Confluence Server or Confluence Data Center installation, for free. Just use the User Macros module.

colinb October 24, 2017

That sounds like a good workaround, thanks! It's easy to forget all of the server-only features after trying to move as much as possible to on-demand. :)

It would be nice to understand why Confluence Content Formatting Macros is available in the on-demand edition but not in the server edition. You would think there would be a goal to keep the two products reasonably consistent.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Well, have you tried? I'm inclined to believe the free versions is still available. Again, you just need to install the plugin without paying for it, the free macros I believe are still free. 

It's not packaged, I believe, because Atlassian hasn't shipped officially third party modules to my understanding.

These add-ons I don't believe are enabled by default in New Cloud systems, so I believe they are feature similar. 

colinb October 24, 2017

According to the Adaptvist Content Formatting FAQ the add-on is now a fully paid add-on:

Starting from version 5.0.0, Content Formatting for Confluence is a fully paid add-on. This means we can invest in the future development of the add-on and, of course, it becomes fully-supported by Adaptavist’s support SLA.

When we searched for the Adaptvist Content Formatting add-on from the Server administration page it came up as Free Trial or Buy Now. 

When we searched for the Confluence Content Formatting Macros add-on from the Server administration page no results were returned. On our on-demand instance it is listed as a "System add-on".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events