Confluence Cloud trial

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

We currently subscribe to JIRA Cloud. I am hoping to setup a trial to Confluence Cloud (we're currently running on-prem), but want to make sure that the two will not be automatically integrated during the trial. 

When I go to the trial signup page, it defaults to our JIRA site. Can I safely accept this option without integrating the products? Although we will want the integrated functionality one day, it is not something we want immediately regardless of whether or not we move Confluence to the cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

If you add a Confluence under the same domain, it will become linked to your Jira automatically.  It's one of the reasons Cloud is "software as a service" - automation of linkages is something people don't want to have to think about.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Thanks Nic. That makes sense, but I wasn't sure if there was something simple like a checkbox to turn it on.

Should I be concerned about problems when the trial expires but then at some future date we start a subscription in the same space? Would it just be easier to setup a different space for the trial since we're not focused on the integrations right now?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Only if you restart the subscription within a month - that's about how long it is before the data in the trial Confluence might last (I think), so when you re-activate it will still be there.  Having said that, it might be useful, and it's easy to clean out, just delete the spaces you don't want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events