Confluence Can't reach database server or port

Zhi Tian Liao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2020

Hello

When I set confluence to connect mysql, it shows me this below error:

both Mysql and confluence are installed by docker in a same server, and set mysql with port 3307(docker run -p 3307:3306)

I have create DB confluence with "grant all" user confluence1 and pw 54321.

and set wait_timeout = 600 in my.cnf but still no use

Does anyone have ideas about it?

Thank you.

1212.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2020

Hi @Zhi Tian Liao 

The communication link between the driver and the data source to which the driver was attempting to connect failed before the function completed processing. So usually its a network error.

Can you please try to create the database connection using the Connection string option.

Follow the below details and replace the value based on your instance.

Connection string: jdbc:mysql://[Host IP or DNS]:[PORT]/[Database Name]?sessionVariables=tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED'

Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Driver JAR location: atlassian-confluence/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.48.jar

Username:XXX

Password:XXX

Thanks,
Manisha

Zhi Tian Liao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2020

Hello Manisha

Thanks for your replies

I've checked my network, idk why docker cannot connect with Host IP and port, but can be connected with other servers. I try to connect with docker IP and infra port and it works now.

Thanks and have a nice week.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events