Confluence Caching IDs

gje306
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2013

I am running v3.5.16 of confluence. I want to increase the cache size for the cache labelled 'Embedded Crowd Internal User'. From the v5 docs, and from the properties class ConfluenceActionSupport.properties I see that the internal ID for use in ehcache.xml should be

com.atlassian.crowd.model.user.InternalUser

However, I don't see this in the ehcache config file and adding in an entry with this ID has no effect on the cache size. Can anyone confirm whether the following ehcache entry is correct:

<cache name="com.atlassian.crowd.model.user.InternalUser" maxElementsInMemory="100" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="3600" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />

The query to determine the size of this cache returned a value of 31. I did also try increasing this to a much larger size, but there was no effect.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi,

Pardon me from my previous reply, I was thinking this was an even earlier Confluence version. On the Cache Statistics page you can click on the 'Advanced' tab to adjust the values from the GUI. Could you give it a try if that. Actually, for me setting this in ehcache.xml as described on the previously linked article did work just fine as well.

Kind regards,

Peter

gje306
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2013

Thanks, I missed the advanced tab there. I increased the size through this.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi,

Not sure if you have done it this way, but the following page explains how to find out the class name specifically in 3.5.x: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Cache+Performance+Tuning

Kind regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events